Upcoming Game UX & Cognitive Psychology Masterclasses will be held in Australia (Brisbane 8/19 and Melbourne 9/4), France (Lille 9/14, Bordeaux 9/17, & Paris 9/21), and San Diego, California (11/2). See below for more information and links to each masterclass.
Why should game developers care about UX and cognitive science? Because experiencing a game happens in the player’s mind and the human brain has many limitations developers should know about. There is only so much workload that the brain will tolerate, and good UX can reduce unwanted confusion and frustrations, while ensuring players will be challenged the way designers intended. What then is the key brain knowledge that you really need and that you can apply to your games?
I will be offering a detailed overview of neuroscience and UX applied to game development, using multiple examples from shipped games, including Fortnite. This 6 to 7-hour masterclass will take place in several cities across the world in the upcoming weeks/months. See where and when each session happens.
Upcoming Masterclass sessions:
- Brisbane, Australia, August 19th
- Melbourne, Australia, September 4th
- Lille, France (in French), September 14th
- Bordeaux, France (in French), September 17th
- Paris, France (in French), September 21st –> postponed until January 2019 (more info soon)
- San Diego, California, November 2nd
- If you are a member of IGDA, you can get a special discount for the Masterclasses in Melbourne and San Diego. Contact your local chapter to know more about this.
- Les sessions en France peuvent être prises en charge par l’OPCA de votre entreprise (plus d’information sur la page des sessions en France).
If you would like me to come to your city to give my masterclass, please contact me! 🙂